[Kaupunkitutkimus] Fw: Open positions --- practices of peaceful coexistence and conflict in socially mixed urban neighbourhoods

Lieven Ameel (TAU) lieven.ameel at tuni.fi
Thu Nov 19 13:33:18 EET 2020

For your information

--

Dear all,

I would like to draw your attention to two job opportunities in our faculty. I would appreciate very much, if you could distribute the calls in your professional networks, and forward the message to your students and colleagues who may be interested in applying and joining our research community.

My ERC funded project EmergentCommunity is currently looking for team members to join our research group. The project is situated at TAPRI, Faculty of Social Sciences, Tampere University. There are two positions open at the moment: a postdoc (3 years) and a PhD researcher (4 years).

Both open positions are focused on everyday dynamics of community relations, practices of peaceful coexistence and conflict in socially mixed urban neighbourhoods. Both of them also involve a period of ethnographic field work, collaboration with the rest of the research team - and plenty of exciting opportunities to immerse in interdisciplinary explorations.

Deadline for applications is on 11th December, 23:59 o'clock (EET).

For more information on the positions, detailed job descriptions, and instructions for applying, please see the links:

PostDoc:
https://tuni.rekrytointi.com/paikat/index.php?jid=761&key=&o=A_RJ&rspvt=sw6yaii3r6s44gwckgo0so0kwkc0s8k

PhD Researcher:
https://tuni.rekrytointi.com/paikat/index.php?jid=762&key=&o=A_RJ&rspvt=sw6yaii3r6s44gwckgo0so0kwkc0s8k

With best wishes,
Eeva

*****
Eeva Puumala
senior research fellow, docent
Tampere Peace Research Institute
Linna building, room 6076
School of Social Sciences
33014 Tampere University, Finland
mob. +358 50 5136758
email: eeva.puumala at tuni.fi

Twitter: @EevaPuumala

Projects:
Coexistence and conflict in the age of complexity: an interdisciplinary study of community dynamics(EmergentCommunity, ERC StG 2020, 1.1.2021-31.12.2025)
Neighbourhood Yurt: A study into everyday community relations and neighbourhood dialogues
(Kone Foundation, 1.1.2018-31.12.2020)

Recent publications:
*(2020) What can co-creation do for the citizens? Applying co-creation for the promotion of participation in the city. Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space. (With H. Leino) https://doi.org/10.1177/2399654420957337<https://doi.org/10.1177%2F2399654420957337>
*(2020) Linguistic, psychological, and epistemic vulnerability in asylum procedures: an interdisciplinary approach. Discourse Studies. (With S. K. Määttä and R. Ylikomi) https://doi.org/10.1177/1461445620942909<https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1461445620942909>