[H-verkko] Työpaikkailmoitus: Research assistant at HEDG, University of Southern Denmark

Agricola - Suomen humanistiverkko no-reply at agricolaverkko.fi
Ti Heinä 28 17:10:35 EEST 2020

Agricolan ilmoituksiin on lähetetty uusi työpaikkailmoitus:
Research assistant at HEDG, University of Southern Denmark
Research assistant at HEDG, University of Southern Denmark
https://www.sdu.dk/da/service/ledige_stillinger/1106269
Application deadline: August 2, 2020

The Historical Economics and Research Group (HEDG) at the Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark (SDU) in Odense, invites applications for a vacant position as Research Assistant to be filled by September 1, 2020. The position is affiliated with our two Danish Institute for Advanced Study (DIAS) fellows.

HEDG was established in 2011 and works on quantitative economic history. More information about HEDG can be found at: https://www.sdu.dk/hedg

DIAS is a national center for excellent research based at SDU in Odense that aims to inspire groundbreaking ideas through the meeting of minds within all disciplines. The center exists to encourage and support curiosity-driven research in the sciences and humanities, and thereby unlock new revolutionary ideas. More information about D-IAS can be found at:

https://danish-ias.dk/

Job description
The position as research assistant is principally to support two HEDG faculty members, namely Francesco Cinnirella and Keith Meyers. Both are DIAS fellows and have been supported by generous grants from DIAS. You will support them in various research and administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Basic statistical and econometric work
- Creating maps with GIS
- Data entry
- Conducting literature reviews
- Preparing, maintaining and updating website materials
- Facilitating grant applications and administration
- General support of the work of the HEDG/D-IAS researchers and their wider research environment.
We offer a vibrant and stimulating research environment. You will be encouraged to participate actively in the life of the department and HEDG in particular, including for example attending research seminars.
The position is time limited to 2 years. Progress towards a PhD scholarship will depend on finding a potential supervisor and applying for grants together with him/her.
The candidate
We are looking for a strong candidate, preferably with an interest and even experience in working with quantitative economic history. We expect you to have the following skills and proficiencies:
- Communication
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Technical skills
- Statistical, econometric and graphical analysis of data
- Planning and scheduling
- Good English skills, both written and spoken at a high level
- At least a master’s degree in economics, economic history, or related disciplines.

In our evaluation of the applications we will prioritize:
- Academic competences, i.e. the quality of academic diplomas, grades etc.
- Previous experience with research assistance
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting professor Paul Richard Sharp by telephone + 45 65503249, email: pauls at sam.sdu.dk
How to apply for the position?
Appointment to the position will be in accordance with the salary agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
For more information on the department guidelines for qualification and recruitment please visit our web.
An application must include:
- Motivation letter
- Detailed CV
- Academic certificates / diplomas.
- As a master’s degree is a requirement for this position, please indicate if you haven’t finished this yet, with information on when you will be able to provide us with this diploma.
- Your master’s thesis or other relevant work.
- Information on experience from former employments