[H-verkko] Artikkelipyyntö: CFP: European Revivals -konferenssi

Agricola - Suomen humanistiverkko no-reply at agricolaverkko.fi
Ma Heinä 29 10:20:12 EEST 2019

Agricolan ilmoituksiin on lähetetty uusi artikkelipyyntö:
CFP: European Revivals -konferenssi
Kansallisgalleria järjestää 20.–23.1.2020 Ateneumissa konferenssin, joka päättää vuonna 2009 aloitetun kansainvälisen European Revivals -tutkimusprojektin. Konferenssin teemana on Art, Life and Place: Looking at European Transnational Exchange in the Long 19th Century. Englanninkielisen konferenssin call for papers on parhaillaan käynnissä ja päättyy 30.9.2019.

***

Call for Papers

Celebrating the completion of the European Revivals research project 2009–2020
Art, Life and Place: Looking at European Transnational Exchange in the Long 19th Century
International Conference, 20–23 January 2020, Ateneum Art Museum, Helsinki

This conference marks the culmination of our series of international conferences that began in 2009 and have been held in Helsinki, Oslo, Krakow and Edinburgh.

We invite researchers and museum professionals to the European Revivals International Conference Art, Life and Place: Looking at European Transnational Exchange in the Long 19th Century. The conference takes place in Helsinki, 20–23 January 2020, and includes the reception, the two-day conference and an excursion day.

The theme of the 6th European Revivals conference, which concludes the series, focuses on the importance of place in the context of artistic life and practice, including artists' communities, geographical environments, social spaces and studio contexts. We are looking for presentations addressing the developments in European transnational exchange during the period from the 1870s to the 1930s. In particular, we pose the question of how and where art, life and place meet and create new perspectives.

Proposals (300 words max) for 20-minute presentations and a brief curriculum vitae should be sent to the Finnish National Gallery's research web magazine address fngr at nationalgallery.fi marked for the attention of the scientific committee of the conference: Dr. Anna-Maria von Bonsdorff, Dr. Riitta Ojanperä and Dr. Hanna-Leena Paloposki.

Deadline for proposals: 30 September 2019

The keynote speakers and full details of the conference programme will be announced by 31 October 2019.

Read more about the previous European Revivals conferences: https://research.fng.fi/research-projects/

Related exhibitions

The 2020 conference will be accompanied by two exhibitions that relate to the conference theme:

Through My Travels I Found Myself – Helene Schjerfbeck

The exhibition Through My Travels I Found Myself focuses specifically on Schjerfbeck's trips to Pont-Aven in northern France, Fiesole in Italy, and St Ives in Cornwall at the end of the 19th century. It explores the significance of the artist's travels for her work and how she was inspired by what she saw.

Finnish Artists in Ruovesi

The Finnish region of Ruovesi, its lakes and countryside, has attracted artists since the 1820s. The exhibition sheds light on these artists' shared interest in the place, its nature, people and culture and how they influenced their art. Among the artists featured in the exhibition are Akseli Gallen-Kallela (1865–1931), Hugo Simberg (1873–1917) and Ellen Thesleff (1869–1954).

For more information see:  https://ateneum.fi/upcoming-exhibitions/?lang=en

Preliminary programme of the conference

Monday 20 January 2020
Evening drinks reception and exclusive visits to the two exhibitions at the Ateneum Art Museum

Tuesday 21 January 2020
Keynote speech and sessions from 10.00 to 17.00

Wednesday 22 January 2020
Keynote speech and sessions from 10.00 to 16.00
Conference dinner (additional ticket required)

Thursday 23 January 2020
Optional excursion visit to the artists' houses by Lake Tuusula (additional ticket required)

Lisätietoja:
Hanna-Leena Paloposki
hanna-leena.paloposki at kansallisgalleria.fi
0294 500 203 / 040 136 7929