[Gross] Binaries and info on SJSMS

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Fri Apr 4 15:25:35 EEST 2008

cadmoitaly at netscape.net wrote:
>   THANK YOU FOR REPLY!
>
> 1. I'll try, but I have a few hopes... Bad relationship with cc.

As I said, compiling Gross on Solaris is pretty straight forward task.

> So, do you know how to set SJSMS in order to use tcpd?

far as I know, it is not possible to run dispatcher (SMTP server of
SJSMS suite) with tcp_wrapper.

But dynamic (as you mean it) rules are certainly possible to implement.
You can use general database and configure PORT_ACCESS mapping to query
to use it. Or, you can do same thing with ldap. Or you could write a
specific library to do that. Or, you could add those evil IP:s to your
own private dnsbl file (google rbldnsd) and have grossd to block all
connections from hosts that match the dnsbl.

--
   Eino Tuominen