[Gross] Binaries and info on SJSMS

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Fri Apr 4 16:59:51 EEST 2008

cadmoitaly at netscape.net wrote:

> Afaik, a dnsbl file used by gross gives a positive reply for matching
> ip, so that ths positive reply is used to deny an access.

In the current downloadable version you can use also dns white lists.
Basically, you can configure a weight for the check. If you want to
block matching IPs completely, you configure weight of the dnsbl to be
equal to or greater than block_threshold.

> Moreover, more important and rilevant, PORT_ACCESS sections map IPs to
> be allowed or denied. *Is there a way to twist / run a simple.sh script?*
> Thank you for your kind reply,

I urge you to ask SJSMS specific questions on SJSMS mailing lists or web
forums.

I think that only way to run a shell script from mappings would be to
write a site supplied library that runs the script and evaluates it's
return values. I understand that you are not very familiar with C
programming, so that might not be realistic approach for you, though.

--
   Eino Tuominen