[Kaupunkitutkimus] PhD Workshop on Urban and Regional Studies 28.11 at 13-17 in Turku

Helka Kalliomäki helka.kalliomaki at uwasa.fi
Thu Oct 17 08:39:46 EEST 2019

Dear all, please find below an updated invitation to the PhD workshop with a registration link to the morning's research seminar on strategic urban development. Hope to see many of you there!

Kind regards,
Helka Kalliomäki

PhD Workshop on Urban and Regional Studies
Date and time: 28.11.2019 at 13-17
Venue: Hub Turku

Turku Urban Research Programme and the project “Transformative strategic urban development – The interplay of competitiveness and collaboration?” (joint project between Turku & Aalto Universities) organize a PhD workshop on 28 November 2019, 13-17

We invite PhD students engaged with topics relevant to urban and regional studies to join this exciting afternoon!

The workshop is led by an international group of academics specialized in human geography, spatial planning and policy transfer related studies: Dominic Stead (Delft University of Technology), Daniel Galland (Norwegian University of Life Sciences), Peter Schmitt and Lukas Smas (University of Stockholm), and Moa Tunström (Nordregio). By participating in the workshop, you will receive valuable personal feedback on your PhD research or a specific part of it.

We invite all interested PhD candidates to present their work in the workshop, and to discuss about the joys and hurdles related to the PhD process. After "the official part", we will continue our discussions in Brewery Restaurant Koulu!

Please contact us (helka.kalliomaki at uwasa.fi) by 31 October if you wish to present your work. Please submit also a short abstract (500-700 words) describing your ongoing Phd research or a specific part of it (ie. a paper you are working on).

Please also note that our research project's  final seminar titled "Strategic navigation in Turku: Northern European lessons on strategic spatial planning" is organised for a wider audience in the same morning at 9-12.00 in the at Turku city hall.  Find information about the event and a register at: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/D39963D2CC31D215
​
Hope to see you at the workshop!

On behalf of the research team,
Helka Kalliomäki