[H-verkko] Artikkelipyyntö: 12th Annual Conference of the ISCH: Global Cultural Cultural History

Agricola - Suomen humanistiverkko no-reply at agricolaverkko.fi
Ke Tammi 16 10:55:24 EET 2019

Agricolan ilmoituksiin on lähetetty uusi artikkelipyyntö:
12th Annual Conference of the ISCH: Global Cultural Cultural History
I’m happy to announce that at the request of many colleagues we decided to extend the deadline of the 2019 annual conference of the International Society for Cultural History until 25 January 2019. The conference, dedicated to “Global Cultural History”, will be held in Tallinn, Estonia, 26–29 June 2019. You are very welcome to send your paper proposal and join the great company of participants from all corners of the world.

The keynote speakers include: Peter Burke (University of Cambridge), Anne Gerritsen (University of Warwick), Maria Lúcia Garcia Pallares-Burke (University of São Paulo / University of Cambridge), Matthias Middell (University of Leipzig), and Sujit Sivasundaram (University of Cambridge).

All relevant information is available on the website of the conference: http://isch2019.tlu.ee/

Possible topics for panels and individual papers include, but are by no means limited to:

• circulation and reception of knowledge and ideas

• circulation and reception of objects

• cosmopolitanism

• cultural connections and contact zones

• cultural go-betweens

• cultural hybridity

• cultural entanglements

• cultural exchanges and transfers

• cultural networks

• cultural translations and translators

• imperial and postcolonial cultures

• maritime and oceanic histories

• multidirectional memories

• travels and travelling

In addition, we warmly welcome also papers or panels discussing:

• theory and methodology of cultural history

• new approaches to cultural history

• history of cultural history

Proposals and inquiries should be sent by 25 January 2019 to: isch2019 at gmail.com

Best regards,