[H-verkko] CFP: 40th Annual EBHS Conference, La Crosse, WI, May 28-30

agricola at utu.fi agricola at utu.fi
La Nov 22 10:56:41 EET 2014

Agricolan artikkelipyyntöihin on lähetetty uusi ilmoitus:
40th Annual EBHS Conference, La Crosse, WI, May 28-30
Call for Papers

Start here to submit a paper to this conference. Please read Call for Papers
and Author Guidelines below.

40th Annual Conference, La Crosse, WI
May 28-30, 2015

The Economic and Business History Society (EBHS) is now accepting proposals for
our 40th annual conference, to be held at the University of Wisconsin – La
Crosse. Proposals for presentations on any aspect of economic or business
history are welcome, as are proposals for whole panels. We welcome submissions
from graduate students and non-academic affiliates.

The EBHS conference offers participants the opportunity for intellectual
interchange with an international, interdisciplinary, and collegial group of
scholars (typically about half our participants are from economics departments
and half are from history or economic history departments). The EBHS prides
itself on its openness to new members and we offer reduced conference fees for
graduate students and early career researchers (four years or less since
doctorate earned). Our regular registration fees are reasonable, as is the cost
of accommodation at the conference venue.

The keynote speaker at the conference dinner will be Professor Jeffrey
Williamson, Laird Bell Professor of Economics, Emeritus, Harvard University.

In addition to the sessions, we will be organizing some social activities that
should be of interest to all participants. These include a riverboat cruise on
the mighty Mississippi and a trip to the ballpark for dinner and a prime seat in
the Lumberyard, home of the La Crosse Loggers of the Northwoods League; for
those interested in good minor league baseball, more information may be found
at http://northwoodsleague.com/. Of course, in keeping with the collegial
nature of EBHS, there will be ample opportunity for informal social activities,
and La Crosse has no shortage of great options.

Proposals should include an abstract of no more than 500 words and contact
details. The deadline for submission of proposals is February 15, 2015. The
Program Chair will send a notification of acceptance of abstracts by March 1,
2015. Online registration will be available soon at www.ebhsoc.org.

Proposals may be submitted through the EBHS website
at www.ebhsoc.org/conference/, or to the Program Chair by postal mail:

Mike Haupert
Department of Economics
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
1725 State St.
La Crosse, WI 54601
USA

If you have further questions about the meeting or organization please contact
Program Chair Mike Haupert, mhaupert at uwlax.edu, or EBHS President Erik
Benson, erik.benson at cornerstone.edu.

EBHS also operates a peer-reviewed open access journal, Essays in Economic and
Business History, edited by Jason Taylor (Central Michigan University).
Conference papers and non-conference papers alike may be submitted to Essays for
consideration. We invite you to visit our website, www.ebhsoc.org , to see our
editorial board and policies, as well as back issues.

We look forward to welcoming you to La Crosse!

Author Guidelines

Papers

The Economic and Business History Society welcomes proposals for presentations
on any aspect of economic or business history. Proposals should include an
abstract of no more than 500 words and a brief curriculum vitae. We welcome
submissions from graduate students and non-academic affiliates.

Panels

The Economic and Business History Society welcomes proposals for whole panels,
typically of three presentations. Panel proposals should include a panel
abstract of no more than 500 words and brief curriculum vitaes of the authors.
We hope that you upload the abstracts of the individual papers as supplementary
files. We welcome submissions from graduate students and non-academic
affiliates.

How to Submit

When submitting a proposal with our online service, you are first guided through
setting an account (in case you don't already have one). The accounts set up for
previous conferences should work. Please include your postal and email
addresses and telephone number there. This account is also used for registration
after proposal is accepted.

Next you are asked to fill out a submission preparation checklist and to read
our copyright notice. You may also enter comments concerning your submission to
the conference program chair.

You may then enter the authors, title, abstract and keywords of your proposal.

Please upload the brief curriculum vitae(s) as a supplementary file in the next
stage of the submission process.

If you are submitting a whole panel, you may upload all the abstracts and CVs of
the participants as supplementary files.

Finally, you are asked to confirm your submission. You may modify your
submission later.

Start here to submit a paper to this conference.
STEP ONE OF THE SUBMISSION PROCESS

Ilmoituksen lähetti: Olli Turunen <olli.t.turunen at jyu.fi>
Ilmoitus vanhentuu: 16.2.2015
Lisätietoja WWW-osoitteesta: http://ebhsoc.org