[H-verkko] CFP: 4rd Annual Baltic Military History Conference

agricola at utu.fi agricola at utu.fi
Su Apr 15 16:29:23 EEST 2012

Agricolan Artikkelipyyntötietokantaan
( http://agricola.utu.fi/nyt/pyynnot/ )
on tullut seuraava ilmoitus:

4rd Annual Baltic Military History Conference

4rd Annual Baltic Military History Conference
Baltic Defence College, Tartto, Viro
September 3-4 2012

The Baltic Defence College in Tartu, Estonia will host a two-day
conference on Baltic Region military history on September 3-4 2012.
We invite academics, graduate students and military personnel to
propose papers and panels on subjects dealing with Baltic region
military history --from the Crusades to recent conflicts.

The Conference will examine Baltic Region military history in the
broadest sense—from analyzing battles and campaigns to discussing the
social and economic impact of conflicts.  We are interested in having
papers and panels On subjects such as Operational Art in Baltic
Campaigns, the Baltics in the era of the Crusades, the
Swedish/Russian conflicts, the Napoleonic Wars, the Military and
Society in the time of the Tsars, The Baltic Campaigns of World War
I, the Independence Wars 1918-1921, the Soviet /Finnish Wars, war
plans and preparations in the region, Baltic conflict as portrayed in
films and books, military activities in the region in the 19th and
20th centuries.

If you wish to propose a paper or panel please contact Dr. James
Corum at james.corum at bdcol.ee  by 1 July 2012 and provide a short CV,
a paper title, and an abstract of 500-800 words. The Baltic Defence
College will provide lodging for those presenting papers. We can also
arrange for good lodging at very reasonable rates for those
participating but not presenting papers.

If you wish to attend and participate, please contact Dr. Corum by 1
August 2012 to register.

Further details and registration forms will be posted at the Baltic
Defence College Website – www.bdcol.ee

Ilmoituksen lähetti: Pauli Heikkilä <paahei at utu.fi>
Ilmoitus vanhentuu: 01.07.2012
Lisätietoja WWW-osoitteesta: http://www.bdcol.ee