[Gross] Function of some config options.

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 11:46:37 EEST 2015

On 10/07/15 09:31, Eino Tuominen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> grey_delay from the wiki page: "grey_delay is the number of seconds between accepting the second sending attempt after greylisting. The default value is 10, increasing the delay causes the amortized memory requirement to grow linearly. "

Sorry, must have missed this, I looked at the README FAQ and 'complete
configuration' pages to no avail...

> This is implemented as an internal message queue. There is a thread that listens to the queue and inserts items from the queue into the bloom filter. The grey_delay is the the time the messages stand in the queue.

Ahhh, makes sense.

> update style is better left default. I think the 'always' style was before the possibility of blocking senders. If update=grey, bloom filter is updated if there was a match from the filter or the sender should be greylisted. The documentation could be better on that one, I admit.

So matches are refreshed anyway, so I can see that 'always' is a bit
superfluous then.

Thanks for clarifying

--
Tim.
Key Fingerprint 38CF DB09 3ED0 F607 8B67 6CED 0C0B FC44 8B0B FC83