[Gross] Logging inormation.

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 13:11:02 EEST 2015

Just trying to get up to speed on gross, and understand the logging
information. I have looked through the archives to no avail so any help
appreciated.

A typical log line will contain:-

a=trust d=6 w=0 c=127.0.0.1 s=someone at somewhere r=other at elsewhere
h=[178.63.43.86]

c,s,r and h are self explanatory, but I'm not sure about d and w
w could be weight but d I am clueless on.

a is obviously the response, but I am unclear what moves an entry from
match to trust (if indeed that happens and if not what causes a trust
value to occur).

AFAIK an unknown tuple starts as "greylist" and a subsequent occurrence
returns "match".

I presume that either of those correspond to the "OK" response referred
to in the README, while "greylist" corresponds to the GREY response.

Any enlightenment appreciated.

--
Tim.
Key Fingerprint 38CF DB09 3ED0 F607 8B67 6CED 0C0B FC44 8B0B FC83