[Gross] graylisting on ip, helo string and domain part of sender

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:26:22 EEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Eino Tuominen <eino at utu.fi> wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2011, at 2:57 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:
>
>> but I think this should be a configurable option. So, my question is
>> how I should implement the config option?
>>
>> I could either let it be a fixed constant:
>>
>> hash_by = default
>> hash_by = alternate
>
> Hello,
>
> A good idea, I'd be glad to accept the patch. I think you should pick a bit more descriptive names for the option values in case you find other ways to construct the hash.

Agree. I was kinda fishing for better names :)

>> Or I could make it possible to hash by any combination:
>>
>> hash_by = $chkip $sender $recepient
>> hash_by = $chkip $sender_domain $helo
>
> This would be perfect, of course, but is it worth the effort?

Probably not. Only few combinations makes sense.

> Don't hesitate to contact me, should you have any questions about the current source code.

What do you think of the attached patch? It's only compile tested, but
if you are ok with the config name etc I can apply it to alpine linux
package for testing.

I think I still have svn commit access so if you are ok with it I'll
commit it after a basic smoke testing.

Thanks!

--
Natanael Copa