[Gross] RFE: check = database, rereading configuration file

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Fri May 16 21:31:02 EEST 2008

Ernest Wypierowski wrote:

> Another   thing   is   that   we   will  lose all historical connections
> after restart.  So for some  people/mta  it  could  be  greylisting  for
> second time.

Configure a statefile, grossd will save the filters in the file. You
will lose the update queue (grey_delay). If you configure
synchronization you won't lose anything.

In fact, you could configure a sync pair even in a single server
situation. I haven't tested this, but running two separate grossd
processes in a server like this should do it:

server1.conf:
sync_listen = 127.0.0.1
sync_peer = 127.0.0.2

server2.conf