[Gross] Gross 1.0rc out!

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Mon Apr 21 20:19:30 EEST 2008

Hello,

I just uploaded release candidate for 1.0 release! There are yet a few
new things included:

- Manual pages. Yes, really, I wrote manual pages for grossd and
grossd.conf. Please, read 'em through and report any mistakes or grammar
errors or whatever. Even I make mistakes ;-) Especially you native
English speakers!

- Prevent grossd from running as root. This is a crucial change to test
on different OS's. If started as root (geteuid() == 0) grossd will run
setuid(getpwnam("nobody")) before even opening log file. (with error
checks, of course).

- Also, the installing with DESTDIR=/foo/bar should work now properly.

When I get enough feedback I'll release 1.0.0.

About the future: I just got spf check working, but I decided not to
include it in 1.0.

Thanks you all! Check out AUTHORS -file. If you feel you have entitled
to be included in the credits, let me know. I tried to remember all
contributions from the past, but some I might have forgotten.

--
   Eino Tuominen