[Gross] perpetual match

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Mon Nov 12 17:48:36 EET 2007

Jesse Thompson wrote:

> This seems to have solved the false positive issue for those campus MTAs
> that were always at the top of the list.  Although, the match rate
> didn't seem to change (still at 4-6%,) which I was hoping would go lower.

I just checked our statistics, we have seen 6.1% matches since September
13th. I haven't yet analyzed, if we see something similar. I rember that
our match percentage was lower - could it be that spammers are starting
to queue? I try to find time to see those logs more thoroughly.

Now that SJSM offers Milter interface, it would be possible to demand
that every message individually should be tried second time. That is, to
calculate the hash from the whole message, not just the triplet. Of
course that means more network bandwith would be wasted.

--
   Eino Tuominen