[Gross] IP Reputation

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Mon Aug 6 22:30:29 EEST 2007

Jesse Thompson wrote:
> I've been hearing a lot about IP reputation lately.  Not that it's new
> (SenderBase has been around for a while) but it seems to be trendy.
> Basically, it's a score of the sender based on relative volumes and spam
> ratios.  I wonder if it would be possible to use this type of
> information in gross.  i.e. set certain reputation score thresholds for
> certain actions.
>
> I see that Sendmail has Flow Control, and IronPort has SenderBase.  Does
> anyone know of a standalone IP reputation service that's worth
> considering integrating into gross?

It should be pretty straightforward to write a check module to query
SenderBase with gross. But, many have found it rather unusable. For
instance:
http://www.mail-archive.com/policyd-weight-list@ek-muc.de/msg00573.html

I recall there was an open reputation service initiative, but I don't
know if it got air under its wings.

--
  Eino Tuominen