[Gross] IP Reputation

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 6 19:48:15 EEST 2007

I've been hearing a lot about IP reputation lately.  Not that it's new
(SenderBase has been around for a while) but it seems to be trendy.
Basically, it's a score of the sender based on relative volumes and spam
ratios.  I wonder if it would be possible to use this type of
information in gross.  i.e. set certain reputation score thresholds for
certain actions.

I see that Sendmail has Flow Control, and IronPort has SenderBase.  Does
anyone know of a standalone IP reputation service that's worth
considering integrating into gross?

Jesse