KINFO: Vaisala Giant Leap Internship – Make your summer count

TYK ry tiedotus tiedotus at tykry.fi
La Helmi 4 23:12:44 EET 2017

Make your summer count – Vaisala Giant Leap Internship

Is your ideal summer job made of meaningful opportunities? Would you like to kick-start your career in an innovative and international environment? We at Vaisala offer you a highly valued internship program that our previous generations of Giant Leapers describe as memorable, challenging and just a splendid experience in general. Do your future self a favor and apply now!

Our challenging and meaningful program is designed for 3+ year students in a university or polytechnic with a variety of skills, qualities and educational backgrounds. Each year we handpick exciting real business challenges for our Giant Leapers to manage. The projects range from product and software development to industrial engineering, sourcing, marketing and human resources - just to name a few. Our unique approach helps you to improve your skills and gain special insight into our mission of creating observations for a better world. The highlight of your three-month #myvaisalasummer will be presenting the outcomes of your project to our board of executives. We appreciate our Giant Leapers and treat them as our own right from the get-go. The open and supportive atmosphere makes it easy to enjoy your summer with us. We don’t expect you to have all the answers but we hope you have lots of questions.

This year, we are offering the following projects for chemistry students:

1.      Giant Leap project 2017: Study on sustainable power source technologies for weather measurement instruments

We are looking for a Giant Leap intern to conduct a study related to power source technologies for weather measuring instruments taking into account ecological aspects in early phase. The work covers also analysis on the factors to be taken into account in sustainable product development in general. Got interested?

Required skills and suitable education background: You have some knowledge of chemistry and experience in laboratory measurements. Your educational background is in chemistry, possibly electrochemistry, 3+ years.

2.      Giant Leap project 2017: Dissolved gas analysis in new transformer insulation liquids

Would you like to be a member of our leading edge research and development team? Vaisala recently launched a unique high tech instrument for monitoring of dissolved fault gases in insulation oil and is used for condition assessment of power transformers. Now we are looking for a Giant Leaper to do research on modern insulation fluids like esters and silicone oil.  In practice, you will prepare and run analysis of oil compositions and their evaporating compounds by gas chromatography (GC). The measurements with the new Vaisala Optimus DGA monitor consists of building the testing setup, running the actual tests and reference comparisons as well as reporting your findings. You will be conducting the measurements in our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and of course our experienced professionals will be supporting you with your work.

Required skills and suitable education background: Chemistry is your passion - We are looking for a candidate with good analytical chemistry skills who has experience in practical laboratory work. What are you waiting for!

So if you are ready to work hard, do your best and take this leap with us, see our projects for the upcoming summer and pick yours! We invite 20 bright and motivated young talents to Helsinki, Finland or to the United States, in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more about the program and project details on Giant Leap Facebook and web page and submit your application before February the 5th. Come as you are as long as you’re curious!

 http://www.facebook.com/vaisalagiantleap

http://www.vaisala.com/giantleap

Viestin välitti:
Matias Kari