KINFO: Hakuilmoitus

Jenni Lähdeniemi ajtlah at utu.fi
Ke Tammi 13 13:49:23 EET 2016

Looking for a summer internship with a difference? The Vaisala Giant Leap Internship Program might be the one for you.  Our internship opportunities allow you to tackle real-life challenges through meaningful assignments on the cutting edge of international business, science and technology.

Our challenging and meaningful program is designed for 3+ year students in a university or polytechnic with a variety of skills, qualities and educational backgrounds.  Whether you are a future software guru, business development enthusiast or product development expert, or anything in between, we might be just the right fit for each other. Come as you are, as long as you are curious!

We are hiring 24 students for a period of three months over the summer of 2016 to work in our offices in Helsinki, Finland; Birmingham, UK and Boston, Seattle and Boulder, Colorado in the United States. This year, we offer the following project for chemistry students:

Giant Leap project 2016: Selective gas measurements
Are you interested in laboratory measurements and already a bit familiar with absorption physics and spectroscopy? We are looking for a Giant Leap intern to test the limits of our optical gas measurement technology. With new tunable filters, how low can we go in detection limits? Can we separate between different gases in same absorption bandwidth?

Suitable education background and skills:

§  You have some experience in laboratory measurements and some knowledge of absorption physics and spectroscopy.

§  Your educational background might be in Physics and/or Chemistry, preferably 3+ years.

You gain:

§  Hands-on experience from various test setups, optical components and instruments.

§  Insight into product concepting, what is required to reach industrial product leadership.

The application period has started – go to www.vaisala.com/giantleap for more details on project contents, requirements and instructions on how to apply. Find us also on Facebook www.facebook.com/VaisalaGiantLeap and Instagram @vaisalagroup to get the latest news on the summer 2016 projects and to stay in the loop of the recruitment process. Check out this video and find out, what our last year’s interns had to say about the program.

Be sure to send in your application by February 7th, we're looking forward to hearing from you!
Viestin välitti:

Jenni Lähdeniemi
Tiedotusvastaava, TYK ry