KINFO: Open Positions for Summer Trainees

Salli Keinänen salli.k.keinanen at utu.fi
Mon Maalis 31 16:47:22 EEST 2014

DuPont is a US based company with 65,000 employees worldwide bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services. We help finding solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment.

Trainee / Summer Intern – Chemistry

We are looking for a summer intern to our Active Nutrition team based in Kantvik, Kirkkonummi (Southern Finland).

Our team runs an active and diverse program of clinical and pre-clinical studies globally in order to document the nutritional and health benefits of our bioactive food and feed ingredients. We are looking for a summer intern whose primary duties will be:

  *   Carrying out hands-on chemical sample analyses in the area of bioactive food and feed ingredients and their relation to heath, following instructions from project manager(s)
  *   Reporting the progress of the work in accurate and timely fashion
  *   Contributing to laboratory safety and maintenance

You are qualified for the position if you have:

  *   Advanced studies or a recent degree (e.g. Laboratory analyst, BSc or MSc) in a relevant field of Life Science research, preferably Chemistry, Biochemistry or Food Chemistry
  *   Hands-on expertise in relevant chemical analytical methods. Expertise in gas chromatography and mass spectrometry is essential
  *   Good organizational and time management skills
  *   Experience working in a team environment under time pressures and ability to deliver high-quality data in timely fashion
  *   Effective communication skills including good personal presentation, oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English is essential

Additional qualifications may include:

  *   Track record of scientific publications and conference proceedings in the related areas of science
  *   Experience in nutritional clinical studies and ICH Guidelines (GCP)
  *   Further language skills are seen as a benefit (fluency in Finnish is a considerable advantage)
  *   International experience

Please send your application and CV by Tuesday 8th April, 2014 to Sampo Lahtinen (sampo.lahtinen at dupont.com).

Trainee / Summer Intern – Microbiology & Molecular Biology

We are looking for a summer intern to our Active Nutrition team based in Kantvik, Kirkkonummi (Southern Finland).

Our team runs an active and diverse program of clinical and pre-clinical studies globally in order to document the nutritional and health benefits of our bioactive food and feed ingredients. We are looking for a summer intern whose primary duties will be:

  *   Carrying out hands-on laboratory research and biological sample analyses in the area of probiotics / prebiotics / gut microbiota and their relation to heath, following instructions from project manager(s)
  *   Reporting the progress of the work in accurate and timely fashion
  *   Contributing to laboratory safety and maintenance

You are qualified for the position if you have:

  *   Advanced studies or a recent degree (e.g. Laboratory analyst, BSc or MSc) in a relevant field of Life Science research, preferably Microbiology, Molecular Biology or Food Science
  *   Hands-on expertise in relevant molecular-based analytical methods. Experience in quantitative PCR methods is essential
  *   Good organizational and time management skills
  *   Experience working in a team environment under time pressures and ability to deliver high-quality data in timely fashion
  *   Effective communication skills including good personal presentation, oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English is essential

Additional qualifications may include:

  *   Track record of scientific publications and conference proceedings in the related areas of science
  *   Further language skills are seen as a benefit (fluency in Finnish is a considerable advantage)
  *   Experience in nutritional clinical studies and ICH Guidelines (GCP)
  *   International experience

Please send your application and CV by Tuesday 8th April, 2014 to Sampo Lahtinen (sampo.lahtinen at dupont.com).

Trainee / Summer Intern – Cell Culturing

We are looking for a summer intern to our Active Nutrition team based in Kantvik, Kirkkonummi (Southern Finland).

Our team runs an active and diverse program of clinical and pre-clinical studies globally in order to document the nutritional and health benefits of our bioactive food and feed ingredients. We are looking for a summer intern whose primary duties will be:

  *   Carrying out hands-on cell culture studies and biological sample analyses in the area of bioactive food and feed ingredients and their relation to heath, following instructions from project manager(s)
  *   Reporting the progress of the work in accurate and timely fashion
  *   Contributing to laboratory safety and maintenance

You are qualified for the position if you have:

  *   Advanced studies or a recent degree (e.g. Laboratory analyst, BSc or MSc) in a relevant field of Life Science research, preferably Molecular or Cell Biology
  *   Hands-on expertise in cell culture techniques is essential. In addition, expertise in relevant biochemical and molecular-based analytical methods and experimental study designs is required
  *   Good organizational and time management skills
  *   Experience working in a team environment under time pressures and ability to deliver high-quality data in timely fashion
  *   Effective communication skills including good personal presentation, oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English is essential

Additional qualifications may include:

  *   Track record of scientific publications and conference proceedings in the related areas of science
  *   Experience in nutritional clinical studies and ICH Guidelines (GCP)
  *   Further language skills are seen as a benefit (fluency in Finnish is a considerable advantage)
  *   International experience

Please send your application and CV by Tuesday 8th April, 2014 to Sampo Lahtinen (sampo.lahtinen at dupont.com).

Jaana Kettunen
HR Consultant