KINFO: Undergraduate student position at Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki

Salli Keinänen salli.k.keinanen at utu.fi
Ti Tammi 28 15:56:52 EET 2014

Undergraduate student position at Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki
We are searching for a highly motivated undergraduate student to work in a project, where a combination of biochemical and biophysical methods are applied to examine the protein-protein and protein-lipid interactions of central regulators of the actin cytoskeleton. The student could start in our laboratory immediately or later in April-June 2014 and continue at least until August-September 2014. There is also an opportunity to carry out master’s thesis in this project, although this is not a requirement.
The actin cytoskeleton plays a central role in multiple biological processes including muscle contraction, cell motility, cell division, endocytosis, and phagocytosis. Because abnormalities in various actin-dependent processes are typical to cancer cells and during infection processes of several pathogenic microbes, detailed knowledge of the function and regulation of the actin cytoskeleton will also shed light on the principles of these pathological states. Our laboratory uses a wide range of cell biology, light microscopy imaging, biochemistry and genetic methods to elucidate how the actin cytoskeleton is regulated during various cellular processes. For further information of our research, please visit our web page: http://www.biocenter.helsinki.fi/bi/lappalainen/
Please, send your application and CV to prof. Pekka Lappalainen by Email (pekka.lappalainen at helsinki.fi<mailto:pekka.lappalainen at helsinki.fi>) by February 12th, 2014.

--
Markku Hakala

Pekka Lappalaisen laboratorio
Biotekniikan insituutti, Helsingin yliopisto

Pekka Lappalainen lab
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki

markku.hakala at helsinki.fi<mailto:markku.hakala at helsinki.fi>

--

Viestin välitti:

Salli Keinänen