KINFO: A position available in the Epigenomics group (työpaikkailmoitus)

Milla Kumin milla.kumin at utu.fi
Ke Marras 10 12:04:49 EEST 2012

A position for Bachelor/Master graduating students is available in the Epigenomics group of Dr. David Hawkins at the Turku Centre for Biotechnology (http://www.btk.fi/research/research-groups/hawkins/ ).

The Turku Centre for Biotechnology offers state-of-the-art research facilities for genomics, biomolecular-imaging, proteomics, and crystallography, which support excellence in research in the greater Turku area.

Dr. David Hawkins´s research group works in the fields of epigenomics and stem cell biology. Our research focuses on how the epigenome 1) confers pluripotency in human embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells, 2) controls lineage commitment and cell-specific identify, and 3) ultimately contribute to disease. Using advanced next generation sequencing technology applications, we study covalent and non-covalent chromatin modifications, such as histone modifications (ChIP-seq), DNA methylation (RRBS) and long non-coding RNA (RNA-seq).

We seek for an enthusiastic and motivated student to join our research group. We offer the opportunity to acquire skills in human embryonic stem cell culture as well as molecular biology and epigenetics. Preference is given to applicants with basic skills in some of these fields: cell culture, PCR and qPCR, immunocytochemistry.

If you enjoying working in a young, international and friendly research group, please send a motivation letter and CV, including email contact of referees, to Dr. Cristina Valensisi, email contact: epigenomics at btk.fi.

Viestin välitti
Milla Kumin
Tiedotusvastaava, TYK ry