[Kaupunkitutkimus] Reminder: PhD Workshop on Urban and Regional Studies 28.11. in Turku

Elina Sutela elisut at utu.fi
Thu Oct 24 14:55:13 EEST 2019

Dear all,

This is a reminder of a PhD workshop on urban and regional studies that is organised in Turku on the 28th of November. CfP deadline is on 31st of October. Hope to see many of you there!

*******

Tiedoksi ja eteenpäin levittäväksi mainos väitöskirjatutkijoiden työpajapäivästä Turussa 28.11. Työpaja on suunnattu kaupunki- ja aluetutkimuksen parissa väitöskirjaa tekeville. Toivottavasti näemme Turussa!

Kind regards / Ystävällisin terveisin,

Elina Sutela
Project researcher
Department of Social Research
University of Turku

*********************************

PhD Workshop on Urban and Regional Studies

When: 28.11.2019 at 13-17 + afterwork 17-19

Where: Hub Turku, Nunnankatu 4 E, Turku (http://hubturku.com/en/contact/) & Brewery Restaurant Koulu, Eerikinkatu 18, Turku.

What is happening:

Turku Urban Research Programme and the project “Transformative strategic urban development – The interplay of competitiveness and collaboration?” (joint project between Turku & Aalto Universities) organize a PhD workshop on 28 November 2019, 13-17 and PHD afterwork meeting 17-19 in Turku.

We invite PhD students engaged with topics relevant to urban and regional studies to join this exciting afternoon!

The workshop is led by an international group of academics specialized in human geography, spatial planning and policy transfer related studies: Dominic Stead (Delft University of Technology), Daniel Galland (Norwegian University of Life Sciences), Peter Schmitt and Lukas Smas (University of Stockholm), and Moa Tunström (Nordregio). By participating in the workshop, you will receive valuable personal feedback on your PhD research or a specific part of it. You will also get a chance to meet other PHD candidates in the field of urban and regional studies!

We invite all interested PhD candidates to present their work in the workshop, and to discuss about the joys and hurdles related to the PhD process. After "the official part", we will continue our discussions in Brewery Restaurant Koulu!

Programme:

13.00 Introductions

13.10-14.30 Workshop

14.30-15.00 Coffee break

15.00-17.00 Workshop continues

17-19 Afterwork (Brewery Restaurant Koulu)

How to participate:

Please contact us (helka.kalliomaki at uwasa.fi<mailto:helka.kalliomaki at uwasa.fi>) by 31 October if you wish to present your work. Please submit a short abstract (500-700 words) describing your ongoing Phd research or a specific part of it (ie. a paper you are working on).

Every participant is asked to prepare a presentation on their work for the workshop. The commentaries and discussion on the work will be based on the abstract and the presentation. You can participate even if you didn’t have a full paper to present at the workshop.

See also:

Please also note that our research project's  final seminar titled "Strategic navigation in Turku: Northern European lessons on strategic spatial planning" is organised for a wider audience in the same morning at 9-12.00 in the at Turku city hall.  Find information about the event and a register at: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/D39963D2CC31D215

​

Hope to see you at the workshop!

On behalf of the research team,

Helka Kalliomäki

Ystävällisin terveisin

Elina Sutela
VTM, projektitutkija ja tohtorikoulutettava
Sosiaalitieteiden laitos
Turun yliopisto

e. elisut at utu.fi<mailto:elisut at utu.fi>
p. 050 5397811