[Kaupunkitutkimus] Fwd: [Sosiaalitieteet] FW: Invitation to workshop at UTU on geocomputing resources of CSC (Paikkatiedon teholaskenta)

Titiana Ertiö tpmold at utu.fi
Thu Dec 7 14:26:20 EET 2017

FYI

Sent from TT's iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marja Andersson <makasu at utu.fi<mailto:makasu at utu.fi>>
Date: 7 December 2017 at 14.20.08 EET
To: "sosiaalitieteet at utu.fi<mailto:sosiaalitieteet at utu.fi>" <sosiaalitieteet at lists.utu.fi<mailto:sosiaalitieteet at lists.utu.fi>>
Subject: [Sosiaalitieteet] FW: Invitation to workshop at UTU on geocomputing resources of CSC (Paikkatiedon teholaskenta)

Tiedoksenne / For your information:

________________________

We would like to welcome everyone to participate into a presentation and open discussion related to the high-speed geocomputing resources provided by CSC (IT Center for Science). We encourage all current and potential future users of the services and people interested on the topic to participate. This event is suitable for anyone using geospatial analyses in their research!

The event is held on Thursday 14th of December (14.12.2017) in the Seminar room 412 of Geography in the 4th floor of Natura. The event is organized in collaboration between CSC and the Department of Geography and Geology. The presentations will be held in English.

The event is divided in to two parts based on the familiarity of the participants to the topic.

12:15-14:00 for new / future users
* Presentation about CSC computing resources, inc. Taito and cPouta (60 min)
* Discussion, how could CSC resources be useful for participants (60 min)

14:30-16:00 for current users
* Summary of latest changes in CSC computing resources: new modules and pre-installed GIS software in Taito, Taito GIS data (30 min)
* Discussion of using CSC resources. What has worked well, what could be improved? (60 min)
If you have specific questions, you are welcome to send them also in advance, that we could prepare the answers.

You can sign up by sending an email to vepear at utu.fi<mailto:vepear at utu.fi>. When signing up, please specify whether you are interested in participating in the presentation for new users or current users. Also, please indicate the field of research where you are at the moment using or in the future would be interested to use the geocomputing resources of CSC.

More information on the geocomputing resources provided by CSC can be found from: https://research.csc.fi/geocomputing

Please join us for a discussion on the potential of geocomputing resources for scientific research!