[it] IT & Ethics

Sami Hyrynsalmi sthyry at utu.fi
Fri Aug 23 17:49:20 EEST 2013

Information Technology & Ethics

IT & Ethics course has been quite popular in the past years. The reason for this is that it challenges the participants to think of IT from a perspective they typically do not look at Information Technology – namely, what kinds of consequences follow from the design and development of the ICT artefacts we create? What kinds of duties (if any?) we have towards other developers, towards users, organisations and society? How does one become a Good (not proficient, but morally good!) IT professional?

Should you be interested in these questions, please join the course at Turku School of Economics, Fridays, 10-14, in lecture hall 35, beginning September 6th for the introductory lecture.

https://nettiopsu.utu.fi/course/registration/29050/new?fi

T. Kai

--
Kai Kimppa
Post Doctoral Researcher, Information Systems, Turku School of Economics, University of Turku

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Will Durant