[it] New course: Web Application Development with Vaadin (5cr), starting 8.1.2013

Päivi Rastas pairit at utu.fi
Fri Dec 14 08:17:19 EET 2012

Hello all,

We are releasing a new course (in the next period from 8.1.2013) under the
collaboration between Vaadin Ltd and Department of the Information Technology
at Universtiy of Turku. The lecturers are from the Vaadin company, so you will have
a great opportunity to learn directly from the experts and about the one of the
most powerful way to create web applications! This course is classified under
advanced studies (syventävät opinnot).

Course description:

Learn to develop powerful web application easily with the
Java-based Vaadin Framework. The course covers the basics
of web application development, UI/UX design, and the
core features of the Vaadin Framework. Participants
will also learn how to extend Vaadin components and bind
them to external data sources. Throughout the course, participants
will build their own web applications with Vaadin.

More information: see attached flyer

and from course's homepage

http://verkkoopetus.cs.utu.fi/kevat2013/vaadincourse.html

Lectures: Tuesday and Thursday 16-18 (Lecture hall: Beta)

The registration for the course will be open soon, and it will
be done in Nettiopsu. Note, we might need to limit the number of
participants.

Cheers,
-Mikko

Mikko-Jussi Laakso