[it] [tuotteistajat] A few practical notes after period one

Arho Suominen aamsuo at utu.fi
Fri Oct 15 18:52:01 EEST 2010

Hi everyone,

Period one is over soon and we are setting up for period two. A few
practical notes to keep in mind.

1. NEXT conference on 19th, 20th and 21st of October.

The research group is organizing the NEXT conference next week. We have
a line up of excellent lectures about electronics overall and LEDs. For
students this offers a good change to participate in several sessions.

1.1 On the 19th Expert (Jari Nordlund) from Linear Technology
Corporation will present LTspice simulation software. We will go thru
some basics of simulation, for example how to draw schematics, how to
place components, where to find component, editing  components&
libraries. Also we will show how to import third-party components. Also
we will learn how to use piece-wise sources, switches, complex voltage
sources etc.

If you participate in this it will be registered as a part of your
exercise work at the next Electronics Device as a System Course. This
will substantially lessen you work at the course.

To Register for the LTspice session and for practical details see
http://next.utu.fi/2010/trade/form/ltreg.php

1.2. On the 20th and 21st the conference has two interesting sessions.
First on the 20th from 8-12 we have a session on the future of
electronics. This session has several notable speakers, so you should be
interested in hearing what will be the future of electronics in Finland.

On the 21st from 10.30-14.30 there is a session on LEDs with several
interesting speakers. LEDs are one of the most interesting electronics
technologies worked on in Finland, so students should be interested on
this. Most likely some of you will make your thesis about LEDs.

If you decide to participate, each session will take one exercise work
of your Electronics Manufacturing course exercises. To check for
practical details go to next.utu.fi. The program can be found at
http://next.utu.fi/2010/TimetableNEXT.pdf and for registration to the
session go to http://next.utu.fi/2010/trade/form/reginvite.php

REMEMBER REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY IN ORDER TO GET CREDITS. ALL OF THE
SESSIONS ARE ALSO FREE FOR STUDENTS.

2. Electronics Manufacturing.

Next period we will arrange the electronics manufacturing course. The
details will come late as this course is arranged so that a few of our
students could graduate.

The course will start at the mid-point of period two and will be an
intensive course with several practical exercises.

Details are TBA.

Questions, comments?

BR, Arho