[H-verkko] Artikkelipyyntö: ABOAGORA Pre-Symposim for Art Students and Doctoral researchers

Agricola - Suomen humanistiverkko no-reply at agricolaverkko.fi
To Maalis 26 11:18:33 EET 2020

Agricolan ilmoituksiin on lähetetty uusi artikkelipyyntö:
ABOAGORA Pre-Symposim for Art Students and Doctoral researchers
CFP: ABOAGORA Pre-Symposium for Doctoral Candidates and Art students
17–18 August 2020, Turku, Finland

With this call, ABOAGORA – Between Arts and Sciences invites Art Students and Doctoral researchers to investigate the shifting borders of water and land in the Pre-Symposium event in Turku Archipelago. The theme of ABOAGORA in 2020 is Water, while the Pre-Symposium focuses on the significance of place in research and artistic practices. What are the different senses of place in the work of a researcher or an artist? What do we bring with us, take away and leave behind? How are our practices making their mark on the environment, and how does the environment affect our practices?

Aboagora Pre-symposium 2020 is a research retreat directed by curator and researcher Taru Elfving (CAA Contemporary Art Archipelago), organized in collaboration with the Archipelago Research Institute of Turku on the island of Seili, a 2-hour boat ride from Turku in the Archipelago Sea. The Pre-Symposium offers a momentary pause in habitual patterns and processes of practice: it is an opportunity to slow down to discuss and share ideas with artists and researchers from different fields and backgrounds, perhaps even a prospect for new ideas and collaborations.

The Pre-Symposium includes and covers transport to the island of Seili and lodging in shared rooms on August 17–18. Coffee, snacks and lunches will be provided. Participants will also be able to participate and present their work at the ABOAGORA Symposium 19th–21st of August in the Sibelius Museum, Turku.

How to apply:

 	Send your short CV (max 1 page) and a motivation letter (max 1 page) explaining how your work is related to the theme of WATER, to aboagora(at)utu.fi
 	The deadline for applications is Thursday, April 30, 2020!

For more information, see https://aboagora.fi/pre-symposium !
Lisätietoja:
Liisa Lalu
aboagora at utu.fi