[H-verkko] Konferenssit ja seminaarit: History of Experience: Methodologies and Practices

Agricola - Suomen humanistiverkko no-reply at agricolaverkko.fi
Ti Helmi 18 10:29:57 EET 2020

Agricolan tapahtumakalenteriin on lähetetty uusi tapahtuma:
History of Experience: Methodologies and Practices

2.3.2020 klo 09:15 -  klo 16:00 Tampereen yliopisto, Kalevantie 4, Tampere https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=Kalevantie+4%2C+33100+Tampere%2C+Suomi
The third international HEX Conference “History of Experience: Methodologies and Practices” will take place at Tampere University between 2–4 March 2020.

The programme of the conference and the abstracts are now published. The conference is open for audience, too. You are welcome to come and listen to the keynotes and panels!

The conference aims to deepen and diversify the methodology of the history of experiences, and to connect it to historian’s practices. What do we do, as historians, to study and conceptualize experience? How do we choose methodologies and why, and how they anticipate potential explanations?

The conference is organized by the Academy of Finland Centre of Excellence in the History of Experiences (HEX), hosted by Tampere University. HEX is seeking new ways to study experiences and their role in explaining history. HEX studies experiences as lived realities and focuses on three wide-ranging cultural and societal phenomena: lived religion, lived nation, and lived welfare state.

Lisätietoja:
Reetta Eiranen
reetta.eiranen at tuni.fi
https://events.tuni.fi/historyofexperience2020/