[H-verkko] CFP: CIDOC 2012 Helsinki - 1st Call for Contributions

agricola at utu.fi agricola at utu.fi
Ke Nov 30 18:44:58 EET 2011

Agricolan Artikkelipyyntötietokantaan
( http://agricola.utu.fi/nyt/pyynnot/ )
on tullut seuraava ilmoitus:

CIDOC 2012 Helsinki - 1st Call for Contributions

CIDOC 2012 Helsinki - 1st Call for Contributions

ENRICHING CULTURAL HERITAGE

The 2012 CIDOC annual conference will be organized in Helsinki, 10 -
14 June 2012, at the National Museum of Finland, under the general
theme 'Enriching Cultural Heritage'.  Achievements, ongoing projects
and developments will be discussed as well as visions and new
perspectives opened up by the information society. Thought-provoking
keynote speakers will set the stage for contributions on a broad
range of topics relating to the conference theme.

CIDOC, the International Committee for museum Documentation, is one
of thirty-two international committees in  ICOM, the International
Council of Museums. With over 500 members worldwide, CIDOC provides
an international focus for the documentation interests of museums and
cultural heritage organisations.  More information on the conference
and the submission of abstracts and papers can be found on the
conference home page: http://www.cidoc2012.fi/

Call for Contributions

CIDOC 2012 invites you to submit an abstract for either a full (12
pages max.) or short (8 pages max.) paper, or even a 'pechakucha',
lightning-talk . General areas of interest include, but are not
limited to, the following topics, organized in five areas:

1. Innovations in documentation practice
Documentation lies at the core of digital cultural content. Museum
and cultural heritage documentation is undergoing a major shift:  the
progressive digitisation of analogue media and collections and the
emergence of born-digital content put into question traditional
distribution models, based on material collections. CIDOC2012
encourages contributions on research into new and evolving paradigms
for documentation practice, innovations and preliminary results, from
participants interested in sharing new and exciting ideas with their
colleagues.

2. Multilingualism and regional cultures
The more we go global  and want to share, the more we are in need of
solutions that support multilingual functions to provide services to
diverse audiences. How can we make high-quality translations of
existing documentation? How should we approach the documentation of
minority cultures and ensure that our documentation is accessible and
relevant? How do we share your local heritage with a diverse global
audience? CIDOC2012 provides an opportunity to discuss issues of
cultural diversity and multilingual documentation.

3. Encouraging cooperation and exchange between institutions
If you are into GLAM, BAM, ALM, Europeana and NDLs, tell us about it
at CIDOC2012. We are looking for presentations that address all the
facets of improving cooperation between different types of memory
institutions, such as museums, libraries and archives;  especially
contributions with a focus on the benefits to end-users of
cross-sector co-operation. This topic area includes questions of
principles and theory, organisation, standards, and technical
solutions.

4. Social media
Share your museum's experiences in using social media for
documentation - harvesting user-contributed content, working on
collaborative documentation, oral history projects, etc. Disseminate
best practice and demonstrate the novel and user-oriented ways you
have found of using social media to engage your audience!  We want to
hear about both good and bad experiences.

5. Semantic Web, Ontologies and Linked Data
Are you doing something useful and interesting with new technologies?
If so, we would like to hear about it. How has the semantic web
changed your everyday museum work in collections management and
interpretation? Have you been experimenting with semantic web
services, ontologies or folksonomies? Is your museum?s metadata
enriched with semantic features? Are you using information provided
by social communities, geo-spatial tagging, or other implementations
of semantic web technologies? Tell us about your projects and plans
and how they have contributed to your museum's mission.

Submission of Contributions

Contributions may take one of the following formats:
   full length paper (up to 12 pages in length and 20 min including
question time) or
   short paper (up to 6 pages in length and 7 minutes) or
   a pechakucha/ lightning talk on a subject related to the theme of
the conference.

All papers will be reviewed by at least three members of the
Scientific Programme committee.

We invite you to submit an abstract of your paper. The abstract
should be written in English or in French and it must be in
electronic format (preferably PDF). Abstracts should not be longer
than 250 words, and should be formatted simply (preferably Times New
Roman, 12pt, double spaced).  Please include the following
information in the beginning of the abstract: title, author(s),
affiliation(s), contact information (incl. email address).

Submissions will be handled by the EasyChair system. Link to
submission of abstracts:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cidoc2012

Important dates:
Abstract submission opens in the beginning of December, 2011
The deadline for submission of abstracts is January 30th, 2012.
Authors will be notified of acceptance by March 15th, 2012.

Authors who have their papers accepted (which may be conditional on
making specified revisions) must submit the final version of their
paper to EasyChair.

The deadline for the final paper or pechakucha is 2nd  May, 2012

More information on the conference and links to submission of
abstracts and papers can be found at the conference home page:
http://www.cidoc2012.fi/

CIDOC2012 Local Organizing Committee
CIDOC2012 Scientific Programme Committee
CIDOC Board

Ilmoituksen lähetti: Katri Hirvonen-Nurmi
<katri.hirvonen-nurmi at helinamuseo.fi>
Ilmoitus vanhentuu: 01.02.2012
Lisätietoja WWW-osoitteesta: http://www.cidoc2012.fi/