[Gross] Configuration questions

spamcatcher at uni.de spamcatcher at uni.de
Tue Dec 14 15:26:51 EET 2010

Hello again,
thanks for your reply about the version, Eino!

If you can use help for tests or whatever, i can try :)

I run a site with several domains, but a quite low mail-traffic ...
Still, spam mails started to come up several times a day.
This is on a very low volume.

So, i am not sure about the right configuration settings for me.

I did read the documentation incl. the Configuration options wiki entry!
But still, i cannot decide on the configuration ...

Could you help me?

I just list some of my thoughts and questions:

#######################################
grey_delay
10

Having read about other greylisting implementations, i seem to remember that this is often set to 10 or 20 minutes!
Why is that only 10 seconds per default?
Do i missunderstand the the effect of that setting?

*confused*

#######################################
query_timeout
5000

pool_maxthreads
100

This means, that the server is configured to handle 5000/1000 * 100 = 500 mails per second, right?
That seems *way* to high for my servers :D

10 mails per second would already be too high.

So, i *could* use smaller settings to save resources - but *what* to set lower?

query_timeout 100?
pool_maxthreads 2?

Or better not touch that, even if oversized?

Greetings,
Thomas

[ Das-Hunger-Projekt.de: Wer mehr über die Arbeit in Mexiko erfahren möchte, ist herzlich zur nächsten Veranstaltung am 24. November 2010, 18.30 – 21.30 im Bachbett (Holzstraße 28, 80469 München) Uhr eingeladen. Alle Infos hier: http://uni.de/redaktion/ehrenamtliches-Engagement ]