[Gross] N-way cluster

Alvaro Marín alvaro at hostalia.com
Fri Apr 30 11:25:30 EEST 2010

Hi all,

new to this list :)
Searching for scripts/programs to apply greylisting to dynamic ranges I
found MARBL, and then I found gross. I've test it and runs fine!

Now, I want to implement it on my production environment, with 13
antispam servers, but I've read about "problems" with replication with
clusters with more than 2 servers and this message:

https://lists.utu.fi/pipermail/gross/2008/000142.html

but I suposse that it'll be ready for the v2 of gross, with the new
architecture:

http://code.google.com/p/gross/wiki/VersionTwoArchitecture

and not for this v1. Am I rigth?

Another question...I read on the FAQ:

===
Q: Are there risks of database problems?

Answer: [...] If you get more than 10 million messages a day you might
need to adjust the default values.
===

I receive ~50mill/day so I've to adjust the default values...should I
increase these ones?

filter_bits=24
number_buffers=8

Thank you!