[Gross] Rotate stuck

Steve Wardle swardle at hiden.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 17:42:26 EEST 2009

Hi,

I've just set up gross 1.0.1 on a Solaris 10 system (using the milter interface).

It seems to be working re queries but it fails to rotate the filters with the default 3600 seconds rotate_interval.

The daemon /opt/local/sbin/grossd is run by "nobody" and the statefile has write permission and is owned by "nobody".

I ran it from the command line in debug mode and found that if I reduced rotate_interval to 600 seconds it rotated the filters just once after each restart.

I then reduced the rotate_interval to 60 seconds and it rotated the filters 11 times.

There is nothing in the debug output where I'd expect the next rotate to be.

When it fails telnet to port 5522 gives:
2:Rotate stuck

Any tips on where to look for the problem.

This looks like a very useful app. if I can get it to do the right thing with the filter rotation.

Best regards,
--
Steve Wardle