[Gross] RFE: check = database, rereading configuration file

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Fri May 16 19:04:44 EEST 2008

Ernest Wypierowski wrote:
> On Fri, 16.05.2008 at 16:32:09, Eino Tuominen wrote:
>> Ernest Wypierowski wrote:
>> Just comment all checks out. I thought that setting grey_threshold = 0
>> would suffice, but it seems to be broken at the moment. If that worked you
>> could combine traditional lister, but setting block_threshold would enable
>> grossd to block too suspicious hosts.
>
> If you comment out checks (Version 0.8.2) then all connections are "trust".

Oh. I suggest you try out the new 1.0.0 release, as 0.8.2 does not
support that feature.

But, you could do something like this with 0.8.2:

configure and install two separate gross installations,
/usr/local/gross-grey and /usr/local/gross-dnsbl

Then, configure each to use same statefile. Of course, you have to be
exremely careful to not allow them start while the other is running.

--
   Eino Tuominen