[Gross] Space Character in Mail From Crashing Gross

Jeff Chan jff.chan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 16:57:33 EEST 2008

Thanks Jesse. Your collection is great - but from a quick glance, it
doesn't seem to match a double quote occurring only once.

I am currently testing something like this:
  TCP|*|*|*|*|SMTP*|*|*|*"*"*"*|* $N$D30|Bad$ envelop$ from$ address
  TCP|*|*|*|*|SMTP*|*|*|*"*|* $N$D30|Bad$ envelop$ from$ address

It's not perfect and can't get all unbalanced double quotes identified
when the number of double quotes occurs more than 3 times. And the
sort of regular expression that MS provides for mappings is quite
brain dead. Can't figure out a way to precisely write a pattern that
check for unbalanced quotes, without resorting to writing a C routine.

Jeff