[Gross] ips.backscatterer.org

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 1 23:00:40 EEST 2008

meh.  looks like the senders that are listed just retry, so there isn't
much point in greylisting backscatter unless you see this as a form of
punishment, or contribution to a weighted threshold for blocking.

 > grep "<>" /var/log/grosslog | grep -c trust
3348

 > grep "<>" /var/log/grosslog | grep -c match
982

 > grep "<>" /var/log/grosslog | grep -c grey
856

0: Grossd OK. Update queue: 1488 (In: 1488 + Out: 0) Trust: 303364
Match: 51545 Greylist: 844001 Queries/sec: 83.623492 Dnsbl matches:
grossd dnsbl matches (bl.spamcop.net, dnsbl.njabl.org, cbl.abuseat.org,
dnsbl.sorbs.net, list.dsbl.org, multihop.dsbl.org,
ips.backscatterer.org): 463784, 9178, 188087, 150695, 678, 71, 28933

(note, to make sense of these stats, only one mta (of 4) was sending
DSNs to gross, and we have 2 gross servers.  the stats reflect 4 hours
of traffic)

Jesse