[Gross] Spammers adapt

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Fri Feb 29 07:01:00 EET 2008

Eino Tuominen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that our match rate is much higher now than it has been
> before. I did some log analysis and found lots of patterns like this:

Stats from the last night:

  8.9% trust
  1.6% match
89.5% grey

I suspect there are now some retries from spammers which raises grey
percentage to such a high number. On the other hand, our spam volume
keeps increasing, it's way over 90% of incoming mail.

I'll write a script that analyzes log files and tells:

1) for every match, how many greylistings there were before it was
accepted, and
2) time difference between the first greylisting and the match.

--
   Eino Tuominen