[Yk-yhdistys] Human Rights training Genevessä. Hakuaika 29.4. asti!

Suvi Seppälä sasepp at utu.fi
Mon Mar 26 00:28:07 EEST 2012

Dear Youth Network,

As you know, the World Federation of United Nations Associations has
previously carried out HUMAN RIGHTS TRAININGS IN GENEVA, SWITZERLAND,
most recently in 2011; this year, we have recently developed a valuable
and practical training tailored to the needs of university students
with an academic background in international relations, international law,
political sciences or a related field. This training is open to UNA- as
well as non-UNA members.

HUMAN RIGHTS - FROM PASSION TO PROFESSION strengthens the human rights
advocacy capacity of young university students and provides them with
the concrete tools in human rights project management and guidance for
their career development. This way, we aim to provide a complementary
approach to existing university programs, with a focus on preparing
students for their professional future in the human rights sector.

Based on our well-established network in Geneva and our proximity to,
and close relations with the UN human rights bodies, the training will
be organized in one of the official UN meeting rooms of the Palais des
Nations. It will be carried out in the English language for
approximately 30 students. We offer an attractive training package
including accommodations and meals during the course, as well as
assistance in visa applications prior to arrival.

The next HUMAN RIGHTS TRAINING FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WILL BE
ORGANIZED
FROM 08-11 MAY 2012 IN GENEVA and we would be happy to welcome you in
Switzerland for this program. Should you know anyone who could be
interested in the program, it would be great if you could forward this
communication to them.

You will find attached our Flyer and One-Pager with additional
information on the program and the application procedure. Also, all
necessary details are on our webpage:
http://www.wfuna.org/human-rights-from-passion-to-profession [1]. Note
that all applications can be done through a user-friendly online form
(www.surveygizmo.com/s3/832675/Human-Rights-From-Passion-to-Profession-Application-Form
[2]).

CVs should be uploaded in word format or can be copied into the
form. Wiebke Harms, our Human Rights Education Program Officer, is our
contact person for this event.

Please email her should you have any questions (harms at wfuna.org [3]).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
The WFUNA Youth Network
WFUNA Youth Network
One UN Plaza, Room 1177
New York, NY 10017
+1 212 963 0968 Office
+1 212 963 0447 Fax
youth at wfuna.org [4]
VISIT US AT: www.wfuna.org [5] | Facebook [6] | Twitter [7] | Google+
[8]
YOUTH NETWORK: Facebook [9] | Blog [10] | Twitter [11] | Google+ [12]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.wfuna.org/human-rights-from-passion-to-profession
[2]