[Yk-yhdistys] Call for Articles: Internal Voices Issue 17 (Please forward to Interns)

Internal Voices internalvoices at unric.org
Tue Apr 24 11:29:41 EEST 2012

Dear UN interns,

Internal Voices is a magazine created by UN interns for UN interns and all others interested in the theme. We are now getting prepared for the next issue, focusing on   Rio+ 20. This is a great opportunity to get recognized, establish contacts with interesting organizations and people, and you also get something concrete to show of your internship at the UN! Furthermore, you get to be published online: http://www.it.internalvoices.org

Want to get involved?
There are lots of ways to be involved.
(1) Write an article. Think about articles related to our theme of Rio +20, more specifically within the themes to be discussed at the summit (Jobs, Energy, Cities, Food, Water, Oceans, Disasters) and send us a proposal.

***Make sure you read the Guidelines for contributors, attached***

(2) Be creative. Contribute crosswords, cartoons, photos etc (see more ideas below).

What are the deadlines?
-      Proposals: Monday 7 May 2012
-      Final submission of articles/contributions: Friday 25 May 2012
-      Release of 17th issue: Friday 8 June 2012

**These deadlines will not be extended due to the fact that the issue is to be published before the Rio +20 Summit**

What should my proposal look like?
You just need to send us a few sentences by email explaining to us what you would like to write on. Do not forget to say who you are and where you are interning (office/agency & location).

Articles and contributions on Rio+ 20: UN Conference on Sustainable Development.

-       What can be expected from the Rio +20 Summit?
   o    Jobs
   o    Energy
   o    Cities
   o    Food
   o    Water
   o    Oceans
   o    Disasters

Our goal is to be able to highlight articles for each theme covered at the Rio +20 Summit. For more information, see www.uncsd2012.org.
Other contributions:
-       Interviews:  with career idols/ other interns/ your boss
-       Travel guide/City Hotspot (e.g. 5 must sees in your home town/country/ favorite holiday destination or "the hidden sights" etc.)
-       Crossword
-       Photos
-       Quotes
-       Cartoons
-       Artwork
-       Poems
-       Recipes

Get in touch ASAP and let us know how you want to get involved! Our e-mail address is internalvoices at unric.org. Check out articles and download past editions at http://www.it.internalvoices.org

We look forward to seeing your proposals,
Alex Lazarou
Editor, Internal Voices
The Internal Voices Team
UN Regional Information Centre