[Yk-yhdistys] Fwd: [sykli] Fwd: FINMUN 2009 Conference in Helsinki

Pauliina Savola pauliina.savola at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 12:25:07 EET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Santeri Vidal <Santeri.Vidal at uta.fi>
Date: 2008/11/26
Subject: [sykli] Fwd: FINMUN 2009 Conference in Helsinki
To: sykli at googlegroups.com

Groups "sykli" group.

---------- Edelleenlähetetty viesti ----------
From: Hanne Ristevirta / FinMUN <hanne.ristevirta at finmun.org>
To: infolist at finmun.org
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:55:05 +0200
Subject: FINMUN 2009 Conference in Helsinki
Dear people of the MUN world,

I would just like to remind you that the application for FINMUN 2009 is open
until the end of this week, November 30, don't forget to apply! The application
is available here:

http://www.finmun.org/index.php?trg=application

---

The Security Council convenes in Helsinki - application for FINMUN
2009 is now open!

The polarized situation resulting from recent developments on the
global political arena has left no corner of the world uneffected.
With tensions rising in the Andean region of South America, the United
Nations turns its concerned eyes onto the deteriorating relations
between rightwing Colombia, with close ties to the United States, and
leftwing Venezuela who is currently pursuing closer co-operation with
Russia.

As the political setting of the Andean region grows tenser, a
multifaceted conflict between the countries mentioned is soon about
to ignite, leaving no-one untouched by the thought of its
implications. The seriousness of the conflict will demand the
immediate attention of the United Nations Security Council.

We invite you to be a part of the diplomatic process that will
hopefully succeed
in building a peaceful future for the continent.

The application for the 4th university-level international Model
United Nations conference in Finland, FINMUN 2009, is now open!!

In order to apply please go to our webpage at http://www.finmun.org.

We are looking forward to hosting you in Helsinki,

FINMUN 2009 Organizing Committee

--
Hanne Ristevirta
Communications Officer

--
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas
I am merely in disguise. -Margaret Atwood-