[H-verkko] CFP: EBHS Call for Papers Extended until March 2, 2015

agricola at utu.fi agricola at utu.fi
Ti Helmi 17 08:56:26 EET 2015

Agricolan artikkelipyyntöihin on lähetetty uusi ilmoitus:
EBHS Call for Papers Extended until March 2, 2015
Call for Papers Extended until March 2, 2015

EBHS 40th Annual Conference, La Crosse, WI
May 28-30, 2015

Start here to submit a paper.

The Economic and Business History Society (EBHS) is now accepting proposals for
our 40th annual conference, to be held at the University of Wisconsin – La
Crosse. Proposals for presentations on any aspect of economic or business
history are welcome, as are proposals for whole panels. We welcome submissions
from graduate students and non-academic affiliates.

The EBHS conference offers participants the opportunity for intellectual
interchange with an international, interdisciplinary, and collegial group of
scholars (typically about half our participants are from economics departments
and half are from history or economic history departments). The EBHS prides
itself on its openness to new members and we offer reduced conference fees for
graduate students and early career researchers (four years or less since
doctorate earned). Our regular registration fees are reasonable, as is the cost
of accommodation at the conference venue.

The keynote speaker at the conference dinner will be Professor Jeffrey
Williamson, Laird Bell Professor of Economics, Emeritus, Harvard University.

In addition to the sessions, we will be organizing some social activities that
should be of interest to all participants. These include a riverboat cruise on
the mighty Mississippi and a trip to the ballpark for dinner and a prime seat in
the Lumberyard, home of the La Crosse Loggers of the Northwoods League; for
those interested in good minor league baseball, more information may be found at
http://northwoodsleague.com/. Of course, in keeping with the collegial nature of
EBHS, there will be ample opportunity for informal social activities, and La
Crosse has no shortage of great options.

Proposals should include an abstract of no more than 500 words and contact
details. The deadline for submission of proposals is March 2, 2015. The Program
Chair will send a notification of acceptance of abstracts by March 15, 2015.
Online registration will be available soon at www.ebhsoc.org.

Proposals may be submitted through the EBHS website at
www.ebhsoc.org/conference/, or to the Program Chair by postal mail:

Mike Haupert
Department of Economics
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
1725 State St.
La Crosse, WI 54601
USA

If you have further questions about the meeting or organization please contact
Program Chair Mike Haupert, mhaupert at uwlax.edu, or EBHS President Erik Benson,
erik.benson at cornerstone.edu.

EBHS also operates a peer-reviewed open access journal, Essays in Economic and
Business History, edited by Jason Taylor (Central Michigan University).
Conference papers and non-conference papers alike may be submitted to Essays for
consideration. We invite you to visit our website, www.ebhsoc.org , to see our
editorial board and policies, as well as back issues.

We look forward to welcoming you to La Crosse!

Ilmoituksen lähetti: Olli Turunen <olli.t.turunen at jyu.fi>
Ilmoitus vanhentuu: 2.3.2015
Lisätietoja WWW-osoitteesta:
http://www.ebhsoc.org/conference/index.php/ebhsoc/ebhs2015/schedConf/cfp