[H-verkko] Vierailuluentoja ateismista Turussa tammikuussa

Teemu Taira teetai at utu.fi
Pe Nov 25 14:57:47 EET 2011

Tietoa alla, pahoittelut ristiinpostituksesta.
terv.
Teemu Taira
__________________________

Dear Students and Colleagues,

The Donner Institute will host a roundtable seminar on the theme: “The New Visibility of Atheism in Europe” on January 18-20, 2012. In connection to this seminar two public lectures are given on January 18, to which we cordially invite students, doctoral students and researchers interested in questions of atheism and religious change:

18 January

Time: 13-15, aud. Helikon/Parnassos, Arken, Åbo Akademi University

Book seminar with Gavin Hyman, Mattias Martinson and Teemu Taira: “A Short History of Atheism”

The author Gavin Hyman (Lecturer, Lancaster University) presents his recent book, Mattias Martinson (Professor, Uppsala University) and Teemu Taira (Docent, University of Turku) function as commentators. Open discussion.

The website of the book: http://us.macmillan.com/ashorthistoryofatheism/GavinHyman. Several copies of the book can be reserved from the Donner Institute Library.

Coffee Break

Time: 15-17, aud. Armfelt, Arken, Åbo Akademi University

Guest Lecture by Prof. Phil Zuckerman: “What we Know about Atheists and Irreligious People – A Social Science Perspective.”

Phil Zuckerman is Professor of Sociology at Pitzer College, CA. He is the author of several sociological books on atheism, e.g. Society without God: What the Least Religious Nations Can Tell Us about Contentment (New York University Press), Atheism and Secularity (Praeger), and Invitation to the Sociology of Religion (Routledge).

Welcome!