[Gross] Excellent program [ feature requests ]

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Sun Oct 26 09:29:53 EET 2008

Justin Piszcz wrote:
> For RHSBL checks, can we implement the following:
> - client rhsbl checks (hostname of client)
> - helo rhsbl checks (what the client says the helo=)
> - sender rhsbl checks (I assume this is what it does by default)
>
> Similar to the following in postfix:
> - reject_rhsbl_helo
> - reject_rhsbl_client

Sure, that's possible. But, are there any rhsbl's that truly work
efficiently?

> # DEFAULT: block_threshold = 0
> block_threshold = 4
> - Would it be possible to block if in more than X number of RBLs as well,
>    regardless of the score?

Yes it would (technically), but do you think it would really help? I
mean, could you just set up the weights for the RBL checks?

Future considerations:

After the new configuration system it would be more easy to define check
groups(, or check clusters). I mean one could state something like this
in the config file:

check spamhaus {
     type = dnsbl
     zone = zen.spamhaus.org
     in 127.0.0.4/30 {
         weight = 4
     }
     in 127.0.0.2/32 {
         weight = 8
     }
     weight = 1
}

check sorbs {
     type = dnsbl
     zone = dnsbl.sorbs.net
     delay = 200 ms
}

check spamcop {
     type = dnsbl
     zone = bl.spamcop.net
     weight = 2
}

# if matches both spamhaus and spamcop, adjust weight
cluster hauscop {
     matches = {spamhaus, spamcop}
     weight = 4
}

I'm not sure if this would help grossd to be more efficient, but at
least it's doable.

Also, the config format above is far from complete. I want it to be
understandable without the manual in hand. New ideas and contributions
are always welcome.

--
   Eino Tuominen