[Gross] RFE: check = database, rereading configuration file

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Fri May 16 17:32:09 EEST 2008

Ernest Wypierowski wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> gross: Version 0.8.2
>
> Maybe  I  misunderstanding the concept but if I am right the only way to
> do the classic's greylisting is to  do  --disable-dnsbl  at   the   com-
> pilation time.
> If  there is a way that I can  achieve that in config file please give a
> shot.

Just comment all checks out. I thought that setting grey_threshold = 0
would suffice, but it seems to be broken at the moment. If that worked
you could combine traditional lister, but setting block_threshold would
enable grossd to block too suspicious hosts.

> I would like to change a policy during the night and be able to greylist
> all connections (beside dnswl).    For that reason I am missing a   con-
> figuration flag to modify the check from dnsbl to e.g. database.

What MTA do you use? With SJSMS you could run Gross as a replicated pair
and just restart grossd daemons one at a time. Just restart on host1 and
check with telneting to status port that it's ok, and restart on host2.

> The  next  thing  is  that  I've  read  the changelog (1.0.0) and didn't
> notice any sign of adopting e.g. HUP  signal  for  rereading  configura-
> tion file? Is there such a  possibility?

I left this out from 1.0, because it would require some sort of locking
or other means to alter the configuration on the fly. Now that all the
world is no longer SJSMS this makes more sense.

--
   Eino Tuominen