[Gross] perpetual match

Eino Tuominen eino at utu.fi
Fri Nov 9 00:11:55 EET 2007

Jesse Thompson wrote:
>> Eino Tuominen wrote:
>>> Could this be leading to the bloom filter false positives?
>> I'm afraid so.
>
> Hmm. I see that I will need to reset the bloom filters to do this.
>
> Grossd shutdown with exit code 1: Configs differ!
> My:   filter_size 25 number_buffers 12
> Peer: filter_size 24 number_buffers 12
>
> Is there any alternative?

Not at this moment. It requires modifications to the syncing protocol.
There should be a force flag to disregard the configuration difference.
Then you would be able to do this:

1) Prevent client queries to server A (change port or disable proto)
2) Resize filters and restart the server A
3) wait until the servers are in sync again (number_buffers times
rotate_interval)
4) Make server A available to clients
5) do steps 1 to 4 with server B

The force flag is fairly easy to implement. Look examples how to set up
flags in gross.c, and then check the flag in syncmgr.c. Then, you must
skip the initial sync (send_filters() function in syncmgr.c).

--
   Eino Tuominen