[Dino] Info and discount for new book about animal studies and literature

Ann-Sofie Lönngren ann-sofie.lonngren at gender.uu.se
Tue Jun 9 19:37:05 EEST 2015

Dear all,

since some of the subscribers on this list have asked for information about the publication of my book Following the Animal. Power, Agency, and Human-animal Transformations in Modern, Northern-European Literature, I would like to inform you that from June 11th it should be in stock at Cambridge Scholars Publishing. I write about August Strindberg's Tschandala (1887), Aino Kallas's The Wolf's Bride (1928), Karen Blixen's "The Monkey" (1934), and many other Nordic literary texts and authors. The book might be of interest to the subscribers on this list since it specifically focuses the connection between the human-animal divide and gender, sexuality, social class and ethnicity in the Northern-European region.

 If anyone is interested in buying it they can go to www.cambridgescholars.com<http://www.cambridgescholars.com/> and write the code animal20, then they'll have a 20% discount. Valid until December 2015.

Kind regards, Ann-Sofie Lönngren

Ann-Sofie Lönngren, Ph.d. and Associate Professor (Docent) in Literature

Center for Gender Studies, Uppsala University

Box 527, 751 20 Uppsala

Tel: 0046184715889

Book-editor for lambda nordica: ann-sofie.lonngren at lambdanordica.se<mailto:ann-sofie.lonngren at lambdanordica.se>

Author of Following the Animal. Power, Agency, and Human-Animal Transformations in Modern, Northern-European Literature (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2015)